You know I’m in a group called Portuguese Artists Colony, and you know that we throw literary events from time to time, and now you know the next one will be on Sunday, January 5, at 5:00 pm at the Make-Out Room in San Francisco.
- Tom Barbash, whose novel The Last Good Chance was a Publishers Weekly Book of the Year.
- Carolyn Cooke, who chairs the MFA Program at the California Institute of Integral Studies.
- Maisha Z. Johnson, who is a queer writer and activist with an MFA in poetry from Pacific University.
- Nicole M. Taylor, who won November’s live writing.
- Caitlin Myer, who founded the colony and will read new work.
And the musical guest is Girl Named T, because it’s not just words (and alcohol) (although that should be plenty to tempt you). See you there!