It’s that time of year. Berkeley Rep has announced its lineup for next season, filled with heavy hitters and a couple more plays they’ll probably take to off- or on-Broadway:
- Tiny Kushner by Tony Kushner, Oct 16 – Nov 29. A series of shorts by the legendary playwright.
- Aurélia’s Oratorio by Victoria Thierrée Chaplin, Dec 4 – Jan 24. Puppets, gypsy jazz and Charlie Chaplin’s granddaughter.
- Concerning Strange Devices from the Distant West by Naomi Iizuka, Feb 26 – Apr 11. World premiere commission by a great writer.
- Girlfriend by Todd Almond and Matthew Sweet, Apr 9 – May 9. Inspired by Sweet’s album and the success of Passing Strange.
- Five Questions by Lisa Kron, May 14 – Jun 27. Reuniting the creators of Broadway’s Well.
Plus two players to be named later.