Wowsa, I was just looking back at the week and realized how jam-packed it was with theatuh.
- On Tuesday, I turned in my Magic Theatre commission, then went to Tuesday Night Writer’s Group.
- On Wednesday, I went to a crappy play with Enrique, who was in town, and then got early notice of Paula Vogel’s move from Brown to Yale.
- On Thursday, I went to see Danny Hoch’s TAKING OVER at Berkeley Rep with my playwright friend Rick.
- On Friday, I went to a Literary Committee reading and turned in two plays I’d read and critiqued.
- On Saturday, I went to a gypsy jazz show, a la Django Reinhardt, which was only tangentially-related to theater but so good I want to mention it (the group is called Gaucho, check ’em out, they rock; I do much of my writing while listening to that kind of jazz, BTW).
- On Sunday, I went to a staged reading of a work-in-progress by friend Ian Walker, and I did the world’s worst job of running a talkback by letting everyone just ask the playwright whatever they wanted. (Hey, it’s Ian’s fault; I’m a writer, not a talkback leader.)
Tomorrow, I’m just gonna sit at home and watch about six episodes of DEXTER until I get this theater thing out of my system.